Wednesday 16 July 2014

Still creating Just

Gosh has it really been so long since I last blogged ! what must you think of me, working sure throws a spanner in the works and of course I have been making jams and chutneys among doing other things.


A trip to Sincerely Yours craft show at Portsmouth  found me buying the Silks acrylic glazes from Ali Crafts so of course I have had to have a play with them.
This little tin has been covered with Terra Paste and painted with the glazes little touches of gilders paste and stickles 

  
Then another thing I have been wanting to try for  ages is the faux leather, which I did and thought does it have to look vintage ? no it can look bright and colourful.
I started with a pale colour card did all the wetting with the water and glycerine scrunched it up and used Peacock and Worn lipstick, embossed it and coloured the raised flowers with Pan Pastels. What I love about the Silks glazes is you can paint over a medium which would normally react if you used a water based product, so I've used a pale gold over the top of the PP's giving a soft warm glow, but as you can see this is still a work in progress waiting to be made into a book cover 


I'd like to link these to the Try It on Tuesday colour of summer challenge 

16 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love the shimmering textures on your little tin, and the butterfly and flower finish it off beautifully.

The leathery flowers are really cool too - what a great book cover that will make.
Alison x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, and GREAT to see you around again! Thanks for joining in at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Lovely to see you blogging and crafting again Von. Sounds like you are very busy.

Thank you for joining us Try it on Tuesday for the challenge this time.

Love Chrissie x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous altering on the tin, love the textures. The faux leather looks super as well.
Yvonne

Flo Langley said...

It has been worth the wait!!! Great to have you blogging again Von. Really missed you. Fantastic projects. Those silks sound interesting. Will check them out TFS. Not sure if I need more craft stash but.....well.....!! lol!
Take care,
Florence xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hello you, good to see you around with these fabulous projects. Hope you're not working too hard especially with all this hoo day sunny weather. Take care xx

Becky said...

Love the little tin and the book cover looks lovely with brighter colours.
Becky xx

Craftyfield said...

Don't worry you haven't lost your mojo whilst away from blogsphere! Just enjoy your crafting time when you can grab it!
The box looks gorgeous with the glazes by the way...

Evil Edna said...

beautifully purple! thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Mrs.B said...

Hi Von, I Love the little tin, you have created such a fabulous finish.
The Faux leather in those summery shades looks really cool and so original.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Cath Wilson said...

Love the tin, Von - gorgeous colours. Yes, doing other things seriously interferes with crafting, doesn't it? Hope your life is filled with good things. Cath x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi hun well its great to have you back hun know life gets in the way but you sure have come back with an awesome creation hun just love the texture on the tin. Brilliant effect with the feux leather too hun hugs cheryl xxx

Sandra's Spot said...

Loving the Tin Von it has the Wow factor and great leather look as well. There is just not enough time to do it all LOL hugs Sandra XXX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm loving your take on the faux leather Von, what a great idea.
I don't seem to have seen you for a while and now I know why. It is very difficult to blog regularly and work. I know I couldn't have done it when I was working.
I will pop back again to see how you are getting on.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Jenny Marples said...

So glad to hear you still get a little time for creative pleasure and I'm loving that beautiful tin Von. Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Hi Von. nice to see you back crafting. Love your little tin, so pretty. The faux leather sounds like fun, Must look that one up. new to me.
Love Rose xx

Followers