Sunday, 27 June 2010

Lots to do Architecture challenge

This is my entry for the lots to do challenge Architecture, so think I'll send it as a birthday card to my friend in Austrailia as it's so nice and bright
The background is stamped with versamark and coloured with chalks and the building coloured with H20's

Saturday, 26 June 2010

Acetate Flowers

After play about with the Tyvek I took to Zoe yesterday it occurred to me that acetate might do something similar so cut some flowers with Tim's die and blasted it with the heat gun ( not the heat resistant one ) and if your careful you can manipulate the petals

How neat are these :)

Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Water stamping

Some toppers made ready for up and coming birthday cards . These 3 are done with dusty concord and vintage photo on to smooth card and stamped first with water to give depth. I've added a little green to the suqare one with a promarker and then used a sakura glaze pen on the leaves.

Then glossy card that has been inked with distress inks I used broken china and scattered straw and then stamped the flowers with pumice

Sunday, 20 June 2010

A quote for Lots to do challenge

All done with my favourite Distress ink, I've used worn lipstick and broken china wrinkle free technique for the background and stamped in Archival I also used glossy accents on the rose buds .I'm really pleased how this came out

Wednesday, 16 June 2010


On Sunday I went to the craft barn and had a wonderful time and met Suze Wienburg wow was so great, very friendly and generous making us each a piece honeycomb UTEE jewelery couldn't find the honeycomb pot holder mat but did find a square one at John Lewis so had a play last night
I used a memory frame for the long ones and a large split ring for the squares but as you can see the utee oozes out so you still get the squares not sure what I am going to do with them yet :).
then I thought how would the friendly plastic look so used a few little scrappy bits and I'm pleased with the results

I've use 2 of the friendly plastic embellishments I made on these 2 atc's .
I have used chalks on the backgrounds and then stamped over the top using versamark and on the star fish one dusted with perfect pearls

Sunday, 6 June 2010

Friendly plastic

What fun that was having a play with the plastic the flower mould is a borrowed one and on some I put perfect pearls in the mould before adding the plastic and another painted it with Viva precious metal colour Mother of pearl.
The sea elliments is a mould I got from the same shop as Zoe she has used it on her wax challenge , again I have added more colour to the sea horse with a gold Krylon pen the star fish was painted with alcohol ink the clam shell is as it came out of the mould. The moulds were quiet small and with a little black and white left over from the seahorse and star fish I made the marbled shell.
Practice makes perfect and they got better as I made more :)
Thanks for stopping by :)

In my garden

Well over on the lots to do challenge blog the the theme this week is wax and we were given advanced warning so have been working on it the last week, thanks for the push as I have only used it once before :)
I've use the wooden base of a brie cheese box and the image is from a paper napkin, I used bees wax from a local honey man but it's a bit dark . I added some pools of wax and stamped into it with some little hands added a little colour with perfect pearls and stickles in the center of the flower all topped of with a friendly plastic flower .

Thank for stopping by and hope you like my effort