Monday, 13 February 2012

Mono Printing with a brayer

I thought with all the talk of mono printing I'd show one of  the ways I like to make backgrounds

Ink up your brayer 50-50 with two colour inks ( or use a big and juice/ kalidacolour pad ) here I have used eggplant and lettuce.




Roll the brayer back and forth on a clear acrylic block this will blend the 2 colours and spritz with water or a water and mica mix the amount of water will depend on how absorbent your paper or card is .





Next stamp it onto your card. Now you have a unique background for stamping on or die cutting













11 comments:

Netty said...

Loving the results Von, x

florenceandfreddie said...

Hi Von. Lovely effect. TFS.
Florence x

sam21ski said...

Great tutorial, thanks for sharing and I love your bottom card with the flowers.

Sam xxx

craftattack said...

Thanks fr sharing! Valerie

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful! Love it! Kim

Lou said...

That is brilliant Von, do you know Aimee bought me a brayer about 2 years ago and i haven't used it yet, maybe this will spur me on to make some background papers, Hope you had a good weekend Lou x

Karen said...

ooo I have never tried this...off to get my roller out! x

Ann said...

WOW!! What a fabulous technique Von, thanks for sharing....must look out my brayer & have a wee play :D
Ann xx

hazel said...

Fabulous, I love the effect.
xxx Hazel.

Crafty Max said...

Thanks Von I have a brayer that's been a bit redundant . So I guess I'd better get on a ROLL and have a go .

x Max x :)

chrissie said...

This is terrific. I have just tried it and can't believe how easy it is to make something so unique

Thanks Von

xxx

Followers