Thursday 12 January 2012

Art Deco at Just for Fun

Well we certainly enjoyed your memories of the 60's & 70's at Just For Fun  and I hope you will enjoy going just a bit further back the glamour of Art Deco probably not to memories of the period but maybe of things you saw in your grandparents homes.
 Oh how I love the Erte ladies and the strong architectural shapes of the building's coming to the fore with Hollywood and all that glamour.Then there's our English ladies like Clarice Cliff, Susie Cooper and Charlotte Reed with their pottery designs


The stamp from non sequential is embossed in gold and coloured with a gold gel pen and promarker and distress ink matted on black and white, and of course Zoe and Neet have there take on it as well as our guest designer Chrissie who has made the most amazing mirror :)
This is a cigarette case which belonged to my late farther in law just love the way the straight and curved lines work together

Have you collected a piece you would like to share ?
Hope you all have fun with is challenge

On a final note I'd just like to apologise if anyone recieved a spam email from me as I was hacked, but it's all sorted now :)

13 comments:

cheryl said...

oh von hun just love the card its gorgeous love that image super colours too,and yes that wallet is amazing love the style of it,
Hun just wanted to ask did you send me an email yesterday,I did not open it,delted it encase it was not from you hugs cherylxx

Netty said...

Adore Erte, they have some fab pieces in the Past Times shop.

Great card and thats a wonderful cig case. Thank you for sharing. Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, Art Deco things are lovely! Valerie

chrissie said...

Beautiful colours on the card and the gold on the skirt looks terrific.

What a treasure the cigarette case is-just love the designs on it

xxxx

Ann B said...

Great work Von and that ciggie case is so stylish it almost, but not quite, makes me want to take up smoking again (gave up in my twenties).
I got one of the emails but recognised it as spam before I opened it.

Suze Bain said...

A stunning card Von and what a great little treasure the cigarette case is. xx

Zoechaos said...

Oh seeing Netty's comment reminded me that sadly the Past Times here closed after Christmas. Loved window shopping there they had this period down pat. Your FIL's cigarette case is beautiful.

Where did you get the font you used it is just so right with the little dots Great Deco. XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

Stunning card Von

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Von. Gorgeous card. What a beautiful cigarette case. TFS. I love cigarette cases. I always think they are so stylish. I dont think my roll ups would do one justice!
Regards Florence xx

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous card, Von!

Neet said...

Lovely card you have made Von and that cigarette case, what a treasure. Thanks for this theme, am enjoying myself immensely. Hugs, Neet xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Von glad to hear your puter problems are over. What a magnificent card love how you did the sentiment and that image just glorious love , love , love the gold.

Marie

Alison said...

Great design, lovely card Von! x

Followers