Thursday 5 January 2012

Heads in a spin


Happy New Year to you all and I have the pleasure of setting the theme first month of the year :)  at Just For Fun
What a fantastic variety of creation we had for the anything goes last week seems you were all pleased not to have to think of Christmas
Yes we are going to be time travelling this month so please step aboard as we go back in time to the 60's and 70's flower power and free love Mods and Rocker, the opening of Habitat. For me the days of my youth and I expect the same for a lot of you an era of great changes in society especially for young the retro period. More great designer in fashion and furnishing can't say much about the architecture though lol


So get out those colour and make it bright and cheerful like Zandra Rhoads or black and white like Mary Quant


Hope you have lots of fun with us this month as we go back in time
For my card I have used the toy spin art love this it's great fun lol I did quite a few and cut then into smaller squares stuck them together to make a strip and stamp the Anita stamp groovy girl cut the love hearts on my silhouette , so come on get in the groove and join us at Just for Fun with Zoe and Neet

18 comments:

Neet said...

"Love" is great on here Von as I love love love the card you have made. It's fun and groovy, so bright and cheerful. A great start to a great month of the theme. Neet x

chrissie said...

Brilliant and says it all for me lol.

xxx

Zoechaos said...

Great vibrant colour love your groovy chick, fab card and great theme this month thank you XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

This is fabulous Von, I love the effect you got with your toy spinner.
xxx Hazel.

Suze Bain said...

Such a cheerful card Von, love the main panel, great colours and stamps. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, and good choice of themes! Valerie

Alison said...

Great theme, your card is fab Von! x

Ann B said...

Love the colours and the 'spin art'. I have one of those toys in the cupboard - maybe it needs another airing.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hey man ! What a great idea for a challenge but seeing how I was so so young in the 60's and 70's ( she lied ) i don't remember anything ! Love your card and I have heard that these colours are indicative of the times ! Fabulous work Von a great inspirational piece.

Marie

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous piece for your great challenge Von - just wish I had time to enter. So many memories for me here.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous card, love the bright splashes of colour
Lindsay xx

Jaqi said...

Fab card the colours are great and those knee high boots look brilliant

Minxy said...

Happy New Year sweet.
Hope it's a crafty one x
Love the funky bright background technique on the card x

Anonymous said...

Hi Von. Fab challenge theme. Brilliant card. Love how you have created the colours on this.
Regards Florence x

Sandra's Spot said...

Luv this card Von colours perfect for 60's 70's. I swear they are my old boots and mini skirt :). Hugs Sandra XX

Kyla said...

ooh, lovely card and what a fab idea. I remember using some of those paint spinning wheels at the local fairground in the early 70's!!!!

Kyla

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Von I received a dodgy email but i didnt open it it looked a little suspect , hope it wont cause you too many problems.

Marie

cheryl said...

oh hun you always come up with the most amazing idea,this is just brilliant love this to bits,hugs cherylxxxxx

Followers