Thursday 18 August 2011

Week 30 at Just for Fun

The black and white cards we saw last week at Just for Fun were just amazing  and this week Sam is adding another colour to the mix this Silver  :)
Also it was my turn to choose a guest designer for this month  and I have chosen Janet, she has produced not only stunning pieces each week but has also been happy to swap them in our monthly swap, so if you haven't stopped by her blog before then please do :) or if you would like to join in a swap could be just for one of the weeks or more if you like, then check the details HERE
For my piece this week I have made a door hanging which now adorns No 1 sons door and believe me you don't want to go there lol
I used very thick black card stamped with gesso and bubble wrap and Tim's skull embossed in white, the same with the text, for the silver I used sticky backed foil and cut with a spellbinder die and an old button with a ship on it.
To finish it off I cut another piece of card and stuck the two together for extra strength and edged with a silver pen
Hope you have as much fun as I've had and look forward to seeing yours

14 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! This is fabulous Von! My son could use one of those! Lol! xx

cheryl said...

oh von hun this is one brilliant door hanging just love this to bits,amazing detail hugs cherylx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great piece, and an appropriate warning for the door! Hugs, Valerie

Zoechaos said...

Great door hanging Von fab techniques the gesso on bubble wrap effect is fab for with the skull. XOXO Zoe

Ann B said...

Really, really scary but my Gsons would love it. Very clever Von and a great door-hanging

sam21ski said...

Love the skull Von xxx

Meggymay said...

All boys will love this hanging, its great. Yvonne x

donna said...

Great door hanger! Just the thing for a boy's room...Donna

hazel said...

Brilliant door hanger, I love the bubble wrap effect.
xxx hazel.

Anonymous said...

Totally brilliant. The stamping and bubble wrap in gesso is such a great effect.
Regards Florence x

Jaqi said...

Looks awesome, my daughter would kill for this , i love it

Neet said...

Love your door hanging. What boy would not be proud to own this (plus I know one woman who would too).

Unknown said...

I love it Von. I bet the silver and black look even better IRL.

Emma said...

great door hanger von :)

Followers